It’s been a long day and you’re ready to have some fun with your friends and co-workers after work. But where do you go? You’re looking for something fun to do where you can win some prizes and socialize. That’s where pub trivia nights comes into play. It’s a team-based trivia challenge hosted at a bar or lounge that provides prizes, fruitful knowledge and lots of fun!
Join the Pub Trivia Nerds at Hi Scores Bar-Arcade for a free trivia night every Tuesday at 7pm. These questions will keep you guessing on 80s pop culture, famous red heads, history and geography and much more. Compete for the Battle of the Bars – Hi Scores Blue Diamond vs Hi Scores Stephanie. The winning bar gets a free round of celebration shots and the winning team gets a $50 gift card.
This long-standing restaurant of over 40 years is home to trivia nights on Tuesdays at 7pm. The Streets of New York continues to serve award winning pizza and pasta dishes prepared from family recipes. Trivia players receive specials on food and beverages with $2 pints and a pizza and wings special for only $22.
Get to Shady Grove Lounge on Wednesday nights at 7pm and compete for a $100 bar tab for the first place team and a $50 bar tab for the second place team. You’ll enjoy $5 pizzas and burgers, as well as $.50 wings! With $3 well drinks, $2.50 Miller Lite pints, $10 craft beer flights and $15 growlers, you and your team will be laughing and bringing the knowledge to get you rewarded.
This close-to-campus British Pub has got quiz night covered on Thursdays. Crown & Anchor on East Tropicana kicks off trivia at 9pm. You and your team could win a $50 bar tab. The fish & chips are the best in town and don’t forget about the 30 draught beers from around the world.
Everybody has some set of useless knowledge, so bring your friends and contribute a piece of knowledge that no one else in the group has and you’ll feel the ultimate trivia champion.
Eddie Money is headed to Veil Pavilion, but before he takes the stage on Saturday, September 30th we’re going to take a look Behind the Veil of the Brooklyn born singer so you’ll be that friend 100 percent in the know before the doors even open and you’re handing over your two tickets to paradise.
Talk about backing the badge, Eddie Money, born Edward Joseph Mahoney actually served as a New York City Police Officer for two years before placing his career on hold in 1968 to pursue music. I think it’s safe to assume that he made the right choice, and that hold became indefinite.
Money has opened the summer concert season at the most attended amphitheater in the country, DTE Energy Music Theatre in Michigan, for nearly two decades making him the true sound of the season for the concert goers in Michigan and around the world.
Jesse Money, Eddie’s daughter, keeps it in the family taking after her father, joining him on tour singing backup vocals. Jesse is Eddie’s only daughter, he also has four sons, Zachary, Joseph, Desmond and Julian.
Hear something familiar when you’re playing one of your favorite video games? You can hear some of Money’s music in hit video games Guitar Hero and Grand Theft Auto.
Don’t adjust your television! Money has made appearances on “King of Queens” and even played Mimi’s ex-husband on the on “The Drew Carey Show”.
Most importantly, Eddie Money will be performing all of his hits in a just a few short weeks.
What is your favorite Eddie Money song to sing along to?
Next week is officially fall, unless you count Starbucks’ release of the Pumpkin Spice Latte the true start of fall, then by those standards we’re well into another crisp season! The kids are back to school, schedules are finally starting to be habit now and it is the season of snuggling up and fun date nights. So keep it cozy on the perfect date night at Silverton Casino!
You simply can’t touch the classic ‘dinner and a show’ when it comes to a putting together a wonderful evening! Twin Creeks is the perfect spot for dinner and drinks to get the night started right, between their wonderful happy hour and delectable menu; also it is OpenTable’s Diner’s Choice of 2016. We personally suggest taking advantage of the house wine, you won’t be sorry! You are sure to impress your date with the flavor and inviting ambiance before heading off for part two of your night on the town.
There is always something going on at Veil Pavilion no matter what you or your date is interested in, with numerous amounts of singing acts, bands, performers, and events making themselves at home on the Veil stage, the most difficult part will lie in choosing just one to attend, which thankfully you will never have to do! Heat things up on Friday night by dancing away at Friday Night Live!
Just a few extra tips for a seamless date night, be responsible and never drink and drive, your date will appreciate it and you can get the Lyft on us with code SILVERTON. Of course, be sure to relax and have a good time! Let us take care of everything and you focus on enjoying a night out with your date. See you soon!
One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, more! Whether you enjoy slowly sipping a refreshing margarita or shooting them back with your friends, everyone has their own way to enjoy tequila. One of the world’s most popular tequila brands, Patrón, has quite the reputation of being able to bring the best of agave to the table, but how much you do you really know about this iconic squared bottle tequila?
- What is in a name? The name “Patron” is usually associated with charitable of financially supportive individual, but the meaning that John Paul De Joria and Martin Crowley preferred for their brand name was “big boss”. Also, the symbol for Patron Tequila is a bee because of the strong attraction of bee to the blue agave plant.
- Patrón’s master distiller, Francisco Alcaraz, has been with the brand since the beginning in 1989.
- Going green? Patrón bottles are made from recycled glass in Mexico. The cork however is from Portugal.
- Each bottle of Mexican tequila features a four digit code, the Norma Oficial Mexicana, or NOM for short, which indicates which distillery in which it is made. Patrón’s is 1492, which is why you can find that number on every bottle of Patrón.
- After you open a bottle of tequila you have about one or two months before oxidization and evaporation lower the quality of tequila and destroys the agave profile. So drink up to take advantage of the tequila at its finest.
- You can enjoy Patrón Barrel Select, Patrón Silver and Patrón XO in either a Grapefruit Cucumber Mint Mojito, Baja Frappe, Emperador Margarita, El Burro De Sandia or Depeche cocktail along with complimenting food and dessert items for only $40 at Mi Casa Grill Cantina’s Patrón Social on Thursday, September 14th, right before Mexican Independence Day.
- Silverton Casino actually has its very own hand selected Patrón barrel that is not only on display, but available for your drinking pleasure at Mi Casa Grill Cantina.